AC Milan took advantage of a cagey situation to come away with a massive 2-0 win over AS Roma in their second league game after lockdown. The match was an important “six pointer” as Milan and Roma are competing for Europa League spots. Ante Rebic scored the opener after a messy flurry of shots on goal. Hakan Calhanoglu scored a late penalty to seal the tie after Hernandez won a penalty.
The fixture puts Milan in 7th place, three points behind Napoli and six behind Roma. Milan are lucky as Hellas Verona dropped points against Sassuolo whilst Parma lost 2-1 against Inter Milan giving them some breathing room ahead of a difficult run of games.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings for Milan’s 2-0 win over Roma at home. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan to post 100 million euros in losses for 2019/20. [AC Milan Offside]
- Match Recap of Milan’s 2-0 win over Roma. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan will permanently sign Saelemaekers in the summer. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan loanee at Eintracht Frankfurt scores again ending season with 16. [AC Milan Offside]
World Football Links
- Chelsea beat Leicester City 1-0 in the FA Cup to set up semi final. [BBC]
- Arsenal beat Sheffield 2-1 after Ceballos scores late winner. [BBC]
- Manchester City beat Newcastle United 2-0 to enter FA Cup semis. [The Guardian]
- Villarreal hammer Valencia in 2-0 win to end Champions League hopes. [Super Sport]
- Real Madrid beat Espanyol 1-0 to go two points clear at the top. [Goal]